“What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.”
⁃ Ralph Waldo Emerson
We all know that motivation is a key factor in achieving success. It is the driving force that helps us to reach our goals and make our dreams come true.
It is a powerful tool that can help us to stay focused and energized. It can help us to stay on track and keep going even when things get tough. Motivation can also help us to stay positive and optimistic, even when faced with challenges and setbacks.
“Do not allow setbacks to set you back.”
So, how can we stay motivated? Here are my “HIGH FIVE” Tips for staying motivated!
1. Set realistic goals. Make sure that your goals are achievable and that you have a plan to reach them. What is a goal?
“A goal is a dream with a deadline” – Jim Kwik
2. Celebrate your successes. Celebrate your successes, no matter how small they may be. This will help to keep you motivated and remind you of how far you have come.
“The reason we think we are losing is because we fail to keep the score”
⁃ AR Bernard
3. Take breaks. Taking regular breaks can help to keep you motivated and energized.
“Sharpen the saw”
– Stephen Covey
The principle of sharpening the saw, as described by Stephen Covey, is the idea that one should take time to invest in oneself in order to become more effective and productive. This can be done by taking time to learn new skills, develop existing skills, and take care of one’s physical and mental health. By taking the time to sharpen the saw, one can become more efficient and productive in their work and life.
4. Surround yourself with positive people. Surround yourself with people who are positive and supportive. This will help to keep you motivated and inspired.
A wise man once said “show me your friends and I will show you your future”
This phrase is a proverb that suggests that the people you associate with can have a significant influence on your future. It implies that if you surround yourself with people who are successful and have good values, you are more likely to achieve success and have a positive future.
5. Reward yourself. Reward yourself for reaching your goals. This will help to keep you motivated and remind you of how far you have come.
6. Watch your diet. You are not only what you eat, but also what you allow your mind to consume. If you spend hours listening to unhealthy content, it is going to affect your motivation. The same is true when you consume positive content. Positive material can shift your mood away from a negative mindset.
This is my take on a common story I’ve heard over the years.
The wise old man seemed to be on a winning streak. A teenager was at his side at every dog race last month and each time, whatever dog the old man bet on, won the race! The old man noticed the teenager’s curiosity and asked if the kid wanted to know his secret. The old man began speaking in a low tone and explained that which ever dog he wanted to win, he would feed that one the most. And only the best foods. The other dogs he would feed as well, but only minimally and with a lower quality of food. Therefore, on the day of the race, the dog he would bet on was stronger than the rest. The dog’s diet was such that it was fit to win. What kind of mental food are you consuming? Feed your mind only the best content and you too will be ready to win as well.
These are just a few tips to help you stay motivated. Remember, motivation is the key to success. Stay motivated and Guard Your Gates!
2 responses to “STAYING MOTIVATED”
Great blog!!! Love the quote from Stephen Covey. Please add me to your blog. I will put my email below. Thanks Cevin 🙏🏾
LikeLiked by 1 person
Great tips on motivation uncle Harry! It inspires me to keep working on my goals and pushes me forward to have a positive outlook on life. Love your blog!!
LikeLiked by 1 person